Thursday, May 6, 2010

STRANGE OBSERVATIONS ON THE DAY...

Yesterday I went to City Hall to fight two parking tickets issued on the grounds of the condominium complex I live in. While sitting in the reception area waiting for my number to be called, the room got really busy. There was 3 people when I arrived. IN ABOUT 3 MINUTES, THERE WERE ABOUT 15 PEOPLE THERE. As I sat waiting, things got really LOUD at the front desk. THIS WENT OF FOR QUITE A FEW MINUTES WHILE PEOPLE WERE ARGUING THIER POINTS WITH THE ATTENDANTS. ONE YOUNG MAN CAME IN TALKING REALLY LOUDLY ON HIS CELL PHONE.
The one thing that really surprised me was to see A CHINESE MAN WALK IN WITH HIS VERY OLD AGED MOTHER, WALKING WITH THE HELP OF A CHAIR WALKER, LIMPING AND BENDING OVER. SHE LOOKED LIKE SHE COULD BARELY SEE AND HAD BIG BLACK MARKS ON HER FACE. She sat down facing me, so I could not help noticing these things.

Wow, was it not possible for this very able bodied man to come alone to PAY A PARKING TICKET??? WAS IT NECESSARY TO DRAG THIS REALLY SAD LOOKING OLD SICK WOMAN TO THE THIRD FLOOR OF AN OFFICE TOWER DOWNTOWN TO ACCOMPANY HIM TO PAY A PARKING TICKET. I AM SURE SHE WAS NOT DRIVING THE CAR!!!!

PS AS I START TYPING THIS, MY HEAD IS STARTING TO HURT JUST ON THE RIGHT SIDE. HMMMM.

To continue, when my number was called I went to the attendant behind the the counter. As I was filling out the ticket a Chinese woman came up without a number and said " EXCUSE ME, COULD I ASK YOU A VERY EASY QUESTION.......... (VERY LOUDLY)
THE ATTENDANT TOLD HER THAT SHE NEEDED A NUMBER, BUT SHE INSISTED ON BEING HEARD. ALL THIS WHILE I STOOD WAITING - EVEN THOUGH I WAS THE ONE BEING TAKEN CARE OFF AT THE TIME.

PEOPLE SHOULD REALLY LEARN TO WAIT IN LINE AND WAIT THEIR TURN.

THE CITY WORKER BY THE WAY, WAS VERY HELPFUL.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers